How it Works | John Deere Tractor Cab Suspension
Ever wonder why your new John Deere 8R & 9R tractor rides so well.
We configure the majority of our tractors with Cab Suspension with ILS for an unbeatable ride.
Mechanical cab suspension (available on John Deere 7R, 8R, 8RT, 8RX, and 9RX Tractors) provides an outstanding ride for the operator, improved ride quality for occupants of the instructional passenger seat, and added stability for monitors mounted in the cab.
John Deere MCS allows the operator to increase productivity and decrease the effects of fatigue. In addition to having a smoother ride, the cab is more isolated against noise and vibrations from the engine, transmission, and chassis compared to the base equipment cab.
Cab suspension operation:
- The cab suspension is a four-point suspension with only vertical motion allowed at all four points and isolates the operator from uncomfortable accelerations.
- End stop control: Stiffens the system when the cab suspension approaches the end stops.
- Pitch control: Stiffens the system to prevent excessive pitch motion of the cab. Suspension design is tuned for both on-road and off-road ride quality to ensure operator comfort at both field and transport speeds.
- This cab suspension system isolates the entire cab from harsh inputs due to uneven terrain and provides maximum comfort to the operator both in the field and at transport speeds.
- The entire system is fully automatic and requires no operator adjustment or special care.