John Deere PowerGard™
Buy with confidence and peace of mind
Now you can purchase a new or pre-owned John Deere combine with more confidence than ever. The PowerGard Protection Plan offers valuable extended warranty coverage to protect you from unforeseen future repair bills and the costly downtime that a breakdown can cause.
PowerGard offers flexible coverage options for all new John Deere combines and PowerGard Certified pre-owned John Deere combines.
Repaired with Genuine John Deere Parts
We’ll fix it right, with exactly the right John Deere parts to fit your machine.
What does the PowerGard Protection Plan Cover?
Limited – Engine & Powertrain coverage: Main components of the engine and powertrain, plus the cylinder drive gearcase, the reverser gearcase, and all parts contained inside these components, are covered for mechanical breakdown caused by a defective covered component, due to faulty materials, or original workmanship.
What will my deductible be?
All Limited PowerGard Plans, regardless of coverage terms, have the same deductible of $500 per work order.
The PowerGard™ Protection Plan is an extended warranty program for eligible new and used John Deere Equipment covering defective components/parts of the engine, powertrain, and a limited number of miscellaneous components due to faulty materials or original workmanship.
John Deere PowerGard™ Inspection
Maintenance and high-wear items are excluded on all PowerGard Protection Plan coverage forms, in addition to specifically excluded parts or components. Always check the actual PowerGard Protection Plan contract for details, exclusions and limitations.
1. TEST KIT (DKGA2019)
The kit includes all of the necessary inspection forms and fluid testing materials. Fluid testing costs are included in the price of the kit. Order kits through the JD Point parts system.
Completion of Step #2 and #5 will take approximately 1-2 hours to conduct.
2. PULL FLUID SAMPLES
Pull fluid samples from the engine, transmission/hydraulic, and coolant, and then place each of the Bellows® into the plastic bags provided in the kit. Be sure to operate the equipment and components being sampled at least 15 minutes prior to pulling any fluids, to ensure the sample is representative of the entire lubrication systems being tested.
3. SUBMIT FLUID SAMPLES
Place the PowerGard Inspection/Certification Part A form from kit, along with fluid samples into the self-addressed 2-day air postage paid envelope and mail to:
Analyst, Inc. 2450 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
4. REVIEW TEST RESULTS
The entire fluid testing process will take from 5 to 10 working days, from the time the samples are taken and mailed until the results are received from the Analysts, Inc. lab.
Note: Analysts, Inc. will…
- Post all test results on Oilscan Online (dealers can set up account for no charge)
- Respond by phone or fax for “abnormal” or “critical” results only.
- If no account is set up for Oilscan Online, all fluid test results are mailed to the dealership.
- Have a qualified technician review the results and complete any corrective actions.
- Possible fluid test results:
- Normal - considered acceptable for "certification."
- Monitor - considered acceptable, re-sampling is often recommended at later date.
- Abnormal - should be analyzed closely by a technician with special attention to details provided in the analysis, corrective actions are required in many cases.
- Critical - should be analyzed closely by a technician and considered a failure/decline in the certification process.
The PowerGard™ Protection Plan is not insurance. Due to the possibility of rock damage and other insurance related hazards, PowerGard™ Protection does not cover components in the crop path.