Michelin® X(R) Tweel(R) Turf rear tire solution for ZTrak™ Mowers
John Deere Ztrak Commercial Zero Turn Mower
Back to News
Michelin® X® Tweel® Turf rear tire solution for ZTrak™ Mowers eliminates downtime and reduces the cost of operation
|John Deere leads the commercial zero-turn mower industry with use of the Michelin X Tweel Turf technology for the ZTrak Series Mowers.
Michelin is a world leader in tire manufacturing and technology. This airless radial tire solution is an industry first for John Deere, which provides an additional advantage to John Deere customers.
|Advantages of the Michelin X Tweel Turf include:
- Mowing performance is improved.
- Reduced rutting because the Michelin X Tweel Turf has more support across the surface for improved flotation and better ground contact.
- Unique energy transfer within the poly-resin spokes reduces the bounce associated with pneumatic tires.
- Excellent curb climbing due to the Michelin X Tweel Turf construction and flexibility.
- More consistent cut quality because inconsistent tire pressure is eliminated.
- Uptime is improved.
- The exclusive technology eliminates downtime and associated cost due to flat or damaged tires.
- Punctures and sidewall damage no longer result in downtime.
- Cost of operation is reduced.
- Cost of repairs and maintenance is reduced. One single unit replaces the current tire, wheel, and valve assembly. There is no need for complex tire-mounting equipment.
- No need to spend time checking and optimizing tire pressure.
- The need to purchase and stock plug kits and spare tires is eliminated, particularly for professional landscape contractors and government agencies who normally stock them.
- The tire tread will last up to three times longer than current pneumatic tires because automotive-grade rubber is used for the tread.
Heavy-duty construction provides the ultimate in performance and reliable operation:
- High-strength poly-resin spokes carry the load.
- Four-hole, heavy-duty steel hub easily bolts onto any 54-in. (137-cm), 60-in. (152-cm), or 72-in. (183-cm) John Deere ZTrak 900 B/M/R Series Mower with 24x12-12 tires.
- Deep, open-tread design provides excellent cleaning and traction.
- Zero degree, high-tensile proprietary carcass provides great lateral stiffness while resisting damage from impact and penetration.
Michelin, X, and Tweel are trademarks of Michelin North America, Inc.