John Deere Technician Trainee Program
Have Mechanical Aptitude & Looking for Something Different?
We offer a great alternative to the rigidity and expense of college.
Earn & Learn with Our Technician Trainee Program
We will provide you with paid on the job training paired with courses through John Deere University providing you John Deere Certifications. This program includes both in person and web based coursework provided by John Deere Sponsored by Cross Implement at the Dealership.
Service Technician Learning Path
John Deere University | 2 Year Curriculum
- Systems and Tools
- Customer Service Skills
- Service ADVISOR™ Core I
- Service ADVISOR™ Core II
- Hydraulic Core I
- Hydraulic Core II
- Electrical Core I
- Electrical Core II
- Engine Core I
- Engine Core II
- Engine Core III
- Drivetrain Core I
- DTAC (CCMS) Case Reporting
- Planning and Conducting Customer Clinics
- Understand Dealership Processes
- Warranty System
We are a Market Leading John Deere Dealer that Develops Talent Like No Other & We Are Expanding Our Service Capacity
- We Believe Our People Make the Difference & Our Participation in John Deere Training in Incomparable
- We offer A Traditional Easy to Work in Non Corporate Environment Where You Matter
- We offer a great compensation, benefits and profit sharing along with plenty of hours for stable work.
- We have a vast inventory of equipment all of which gets reconditioned and a customer base which we service throughout the midwest.
- We have been recognized as a John Deere Medallion Dealer in each of the last 10 years. Our scale affords us sustainability and experience that is unmatched.
- Our sole location provides us focus and flexibility that is unrivaled and has allowed us to grow into one of the Largest Ag Dealer Locations in North America.
Specific Duties Include:
Effectively repair machinery and components at high levels of quality in an efficient manner.
Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility
Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to reinforce positive dealership reputation.
Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Excellent mechanical skills
Trade-specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
Strong computer skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Email Application or Contact: Tami @ 309.392.2150