The model year 2018 S-Series harvesting solution leads into a new era of intuitive technology that is grounded in John Deere quality. Operators can set and forget their yield calibrations with ActiveYield™ system, optimize and automatically maintain machine performance with the Combine Advisor™ package, and experience a new way of doing business with the all-new S700 cab experience
John Deere S700 Series Combine Cab Enhancements
The model year 2018 S-Series harvesting solution leads into a new era of intuitive technology that is grounded in John Deere quality. Operators can set and forget their yield calibrations with ActiveYield™ system, optimize and automatically maintain machine performance with the Combine Advisor™ package, and experience a new way of doing business with the all-new S700 cab experience.
- S700 CommandCenter operator comfort features create a comfortable, easy business environment with a market-exclusive swivel seat designed to improve visibility and reduce neck strain, a dedicated cell phone holder, and USB port
John Deere Gen 4 Commmand Center 4600 Display
The Gen 4 CommandCenter 4600 display is the central information system used on all John Deere S700 Combines starting in 2018. The display allows the operator to display various important harvest and diagnostic information during harvesting and show it in a layout based on operator preferences. The Gen 4 CommandCenter 4600 display has been developed in combination with the CommandARM™ console and the multifunction control lever to deliver outstanding ergonomics paired with best-in-class natural navigation.
- Display is easy to use due to its commonality across John Deere agriculture products
- Large area for information provided by a 25.4-cm (10-in.) screen
- Quick and easy navigation with touch functionality
- 10 percent less button presses compared to the previous design because of an app-based user interface with simpler navigation
- Easy, logical, and intuitive operation with five run pages which can be configured by operators according to their preferences
- Quick, convenient access to the most used apps on the display as custom configured on nine hot keys
- Improved uptime due to display interface time savings including shortcut keys below the display that allow access to the most important combine functions
- Natural navigation with easy and clear structure
- To increase digital display area and have even more overview, an extended Gen 4 CommandCenter display is available
CommandCenter Premium Activation
AutoTrac, AutoTrac RowSense, Documentation, and Overlap Control functionality on the integrated 4600 CommandCenter. Wireless Data Transfer available with activation and a J.... DLink Connect subscription. Activation is machine specific and only available with 4600 CommandCenter. System accuracy is dependent on the StarFire receiver signal accuracy.
ActiveYield™ system: Automatic yield calibration for corn, soybeans
ActiveYield ensures accuracy of the combine’s yield data with no time spent manually calibrating by the operator.
- Increased uptime with zero operator time spent calibrating the yield monitor system
- Improved real-time decision-making as ActiveYield maximizes the accuracy of the combine's yield data
ActiveYield eliminates time-consuming manual calibrations and replaces them with automated sensors that calibrate the machine by measuring the grain as the tank fills. This enables decisions to be made in real time without leaving the cab, providing more accurate yield mapping data.
When the ActiveYield option is enabled and the Terrain Compensation Module (TCM) in the StarFire™ 3000 Receiver or 6000 Receiver has been calibrated, ActiveYield is ready to go to work. As grain is harvested and enters the tank, the three sensors within the grain tank collectively measure the grain as it piles over the cross auger covers. If all conditions are acceptable (header and separator on, grain is flowing, machine level within 4 degrees) load collection occurs from 900 through 3000 kg (2000 through 6600 lb).
Any pitch and roll of more than 4 degrees from center during load collection will cause the system to reject that load due to the grain pile shifting in the tank. A new calibration load starts once grain is below the sensors on the cross auger covers.
Stored calibration loads are replaced by new ones as the system continues to collect data. The system may be disabled at any time by accessing the moisture setup page and unchecking the ActiveYield box if manual yield calibration is desired.
High-performance Dyna-Flo™ Plus cleaning System
The Dyna-Flo Plus cleaning shoe is the heart of the S700 Combine cleaning system. The system is made up of a unique design consisting of aluminum and high-strength steel that reduces overall weight while maintaining overall strength. The Dyna-Flo Plus cleaning shoe also features an enhanced drive system that requires only one flywheel for optimal shoe performance and maximizes uptime.
- Increased size of the sieve area by 12 percent for up to an additional 0.6 ha (1.5 acres) per hour of productivity.
- Tailings volume reduction of up to 28 percent in coarse grains and up to 14 percent in small grains.
- Weight reduction of 180 kg (396 lb) for smoother operation and reduced combine ground compaction.
The Dyna-Flo Plus cleaning system begins with conveyor augers located beneath the concave area, where the volume of threshed material is highest, to evenly move material onto the cleaning shoe (1). The deep auger troughs provide uniform distribution of material to the cleaning shoe with less bunching, even on sloping terrain and when harvesting up and down hills.
Once grain is on the cleaning shoe, the raised-center front chaffer cleans up to 40 percent of free grain before it reaches the main chaffer (3). High-velocity air from the cleaning fan elevates any light material traveling over the end of the front chaffer, resulting in more aggressive separation of chaff and increased cleaning performance (2). The main chaffer provides grain separation from chaff as the grain passes through the main chaffer to the sieve (4).
The sieve provides proper sizing of grain from material other than grain (5). Any grain that passes through the sieve is elevated to the grain tank while some grain or material other than grain flows to the tailings return system for reprocessing. On S760, and S770 Combines, the tailings material is directed back into the threshing section of the separator for additional threshing. The tailings material on the S780 and S790 Combines are directed to the active tailings return system for additional threshing, and then directed back on the return pan and then onto the main chaffer for additional cleaning (6).