Z540M with 48-, 54-, or 62-inch Deck
The John Deere Z540M Zero Turn Ztrak Residential Mower for sale in Bloomington IL Peoria IL Springfield IL Morton IL from Cross Implement your John Deere Dealer Since 1978.
The Z540M offers unmatched quality, performance, and comfort, along with exceptional maneuverability and trimming capability. This mower is designed to efficiently tackle a wide variety of your mowing jobs.
The Z540M is equipped with a 48- or 54-in. Accel Deep™ mower deck that can side discharge, mulch, or collect with a material collection system, or a 62-in. Edge™ Cutting System that can side discharge or mulch.
The 48- or 54-in. Accel Deep™ mower deck has a single-piece stamped steel shell specially shaped to maximize airflow for optimal cut quality, especially at faster speeds. What makes the Accel Deep™ mower deck unique is its nearly 5-inch-deep shell that extends all the way around, and its smooth shape. The deep shell maximizes airflow to lift grass up for the most level cut possible.
For your biggest mowing jobs, the 62-in. Edge™ deck also has a deep-deck design that lifts grass for a clean, even cut, and a smooth underside to prevent grass buildup and evenly disperse clippings.
Z540M ZTrak Mowers are designed around a heavy-duty formed and welded steel frame for strength and reliability.
Large front caster wheels and large rear drive wheels provide several operator benefits:
Better slope performance
More operator comfort over uneven ground
The Z540M operator platform is roomy and uncluttered for maximum comfort, and the controls are convenient to use:
- Easy to get on and off the mower
- Ample legroom for comfortable operation
- Adjustable motion-control levers for height and position, enabling the operator to stay comfortable while using them
- Color-coded and logically placed controls
A convenient fuel-sight window is located where it is easy for the operator to see:
- Semi-clear material makes seeing how much fuel is in the tank quick and easy.
- Large, 3-in. (7.6-cm) fuel-fill opening reduces the chance of spilling when adding fuel.
- Fuel-fill opening is low and angled to make adding fuel easy.
- Cap is tethered to the fuel tank.
- Less chance of fuel cap getting lost
Operator station is designed for comfort and convenience
- Excellent visibility forward and to the trim side of the deck makes operation easy and comfortable for the operator.
- Controls are color coded for easy identification.
- Twin-lever motion-control levers adjust, using cut-height pin/socket, for convenience and operator comfort.
- Shock absorbers dampen control movements to give smooth operation.
The commercial-style steel footrest flips up to provide easy access for servicing the mower deck:
- Easy to clean grass off the top of the mower
- Provides convenient access to the mower drive